Dining well on Nantucket is never a problem. Nantucket restaurants offer everything from “five napkin” burgers to the buzziest of haute cuisine. Check out our favorites:
Flip Flops Fine
- Brotherhood of Thieves (508-228-2551). Flowing taps, big juicy burgers, and killer fish and chips lead the list at this 1840’s whaling bar. As Nantucket restaurants go, everybody knows (and goes) to “the brotherhood.”
- Black Eyed Susan’s (508-325-0308). Intimate and unpretentious, this tiny island favorite’s fare is truly inspired and gloriously fresh.
- Center Street Bistro (508-228-8470). Stroll in wearing flip flops or a tie and get the same friendly welcome. Uncomplicated Nantucket restaurant with creative cuisine. BYOB.
- Met on Main (508-325-5111). Great grilled dishes and a lively back patio make the “Met” perfect for post beach cocktails. Unique Tartare Bar is the cafe’s answer to sushi and offers anywhere from six to ten selections.
See & Be Scene
- Cru Oyster Bar. (508-228-9278) Expansive water-side glamour scene where the glitteratti gather. A feast for the eyes as well as the mouth with extensive raw bar, elite wine list and interiors by Gautheir Stacy.
- Corazon Del Mar (508-228-0815). A latin-inspired love letter to food with a playful vibe and colorful surroundings (both decor and the people!) Scallop ceviche is truly sublime.
- Dune. (508-228-5550) Pop your collar and throw on your Nantucket Reds — the locals are out and playing at Dune. Great bar scene and solid menu featuring day-caught seafood. Try the Hot & Dirty — Thai chili-infused vodka with a splash of olive juice.
- LoLa 41 (508-325-5001). Upscale finger food sets the tone – think exquisite sushi rolls, spicy pork bahn mi and mouth-watering burgers in foie gras dipping sauce. Bubbling with local gossip and music, eating at this Nantucket restaurant makes you want to bob your head while licking your fingers clean of hoisin and ginger-laced BBQ sauce.
- The Pearl (508-228-9701). Nantucket meets Miami with cool white interior, tropical fish tanks and Asian-influenced menu. Select, but excellent, cocktail and wine list.
Nights for Celebration
- American Seasons (508-228-7111). It’s about the food. Imaginative “haute humble” cuisine features what’s seasonal, local and lush. Exceptional American wine list. Consistently the most buzzed about Nantucket restaurant. Hands down.
- Company of the Cauldron (508-228-4016). Cape Cod Life said it best, the Cauldron exudes a “darkly handsome, romantic-as-a-novel” atmosphere. Limited menu features daily special items prepared with care and skill.
Tried & True
- Brant Point Grill (508-228-2500). Waterside favorite features the classics: steaks done right, lobster and cherished dishes of New England seafood.
- Oran Mor (508-228-8655). Inspired simplicity showcasing native seafood, fresh local produce and naturally raised meats from select farms.
- Straight Wharf (508-228-4499). A great place to end the day, Straight Wharf exudes vintage Nantucket restaurant. Serving re-interpreted summer classics and foods that speak of Nantucket culture.